Friday, September 6, 2013

IELTS Speaking Part 1: 'shopping' topic

Here are some questions and sample answers for the 'shopping' topic. Remember that part 1 answers need to be short, direct and simple.
1) Who does most of the shopping in your household?
There isn't one person who does most of the shopping. I'd say it's a shared responsibility because we tend to go shopping together as a family.
2) What kind of shopping do you like doing?
I quite like shopping for presents for people's birthdays or for Christmas. My favourite type of shop would have to be a bookshop.
3) Is shopping a popular activity in your country?
Yes, it's very popular. Saturday is the busiest shopping day, and lots of people treat shopping as a kind of leisure activity, rather than something practical.
4) What types of shops do teenagers like best in your country?
I'm not an expert on teenage behaviour, but I guess they like buying clothes, music, gadgets... that kind of thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment